I've never thought I enjoyed learning new things. I was content being still and safe and not having to work hard... but what I've discovered as time goes on is that learning new things is a means to evolve. It seems there is always something that I can be doing to improve upon myself either as an individual, professional, friend, daughter, girlfriend. The thing I always seemed to get stuck on is that when change hurt or required effort or was simply something I didn't want to do, that meant it shouldn't be done and therefore it wasn't done. Now I realize that the discomfort of change and the work of making an effort are just mental obstacles that keep me from something great on the other side. Choosing to push, or persevering through those selfish, lazy ways and achieving change is good. It has been helping me transform into the very person I always dreamt of being, the person I was designed to be. And I continue to be molded, shaped, sculpted...
He is the potter... and I am the clay.
No comments:
Post a Comment