Monday, May 7, 2012

I Believe

The world is created by God. 'For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities— his eternal power and divine nature— have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.' Romans 1:20. It is easy to look about and see the seemingly (to us) infinite sky, the vast and variable terrain, the repetitive and precise quality to day and night, the sun rises and sets each day, the seasons change with predictability. Animals procreate, birds navigate the skies to and from in their seasons. All living beings in fact, great and small, though vastly different in their size, color and voice find their own shelter and food on instinct. Human life. Procreation. The body is shaped and formed from matter invisible to the naked eye and it grows with staggering similarity and difference all in one awesome miracle of life. Sure, man has grown and researched and made better his understanding of this miracle, but can he also make it grow? The answer a resounding no. But only He. God created the science which man studies and he will never gain the bird's eye view he so seeks. Not all paths lead to God. Some console themselves with the idea that we all know the same God, we just call Him by a different name. By taking only a slightly closer look, we can easily see that claiming one god, many gods and no gods all at the same time cannot mutually coexist as absolute truth. As such, you must ponder the question, what is absolute truth? Of course I would imagine to consider all the major world religions and to try, say from scratch, to learn about, consider and determine what you believe is overwhelming to say the least. I do so encourage you to and swiftly if it gives your mind some ease. The issue is no less a matter of life and death. I have found that even if you should so choose to undergo that painstaking assignment, you will find yourself, out of fairness at least, at some point considering the bible. The shorter route to truth of course to consider it first. Many ignorant of its contents might suppose it to be a collection of mere philosophies, anecdotes and rules by which to live and that is has no substance or concrete evidences. You might find it intriguing to learn, that it does in fact have concrete evidence, with hundreds of predictions and their subsequent fulfillments that have already come to pass, proven true over the test of time and recorded not only in the Holy book itself, but also as corroborating evidence, in the secular annals of history. To simply search 'biblical predictions and fulfillments' on this thing we call the world wide web, you will see appear before your very eyes the truth of which I write. I might challenge you, with all the strength I have in me, to find that kind of evidence in any other religious following. God had a plan from creation. He created us in his image, he created us with free will to have fellowship with Him and to bring Himself glory. Man disobeyed (imperfect) the Holy (perfect) God with his free will, much like a child disobeying his father, and man was set apart as a result. Holiness cannot commune with that which is not holy by very nature. How can light also be darkness? But light is called light to distinguish it from darkness. God's plan, however, would not be thwarted. His plan, from the very beginning, was unfolded to us throughout history, a theme building page by page as the story became increasingly deposed. That theme of His purpose and plan, to have fellowship with his creation and reconcile us to Himself despite our disobedience, imperfections and shortcomings (sins) through His Son, of which the prophets of old, centuries before Jesus' appearance on earth took place, foretold. His plan is continuing to unfold through Him today. I believe on the basis of these evidences as well as on the experience of knowing the living God, the Great I AM, His Son, Jesus, and the indwelling Holy Spirit I have within me who speaks to me and who cannot be denied. I testify He is true. I believe because of the enlightenment He has graciously bestowed upon me to see and understand His word. I believe as I see Him act through me to accomplish that which, in my own right, I could never accomplish on my own. I believe because His very great, precious and endless promises have always and continue to prove true, no matter how hard I push Him with my doubts and inconsistencies. I believe because He saved me from myself. I blieve because He graciously told me at age 26, in the midst of my pain and doubt, that I would have everything I ever wanted in 3 three years. At age 29, I did and I didn't deserve it. I believe because He gives me peace right now knowing it may not be His plan for me to have any more children. I believe because I have seen Him alone satisfy the deepest, emptiest pits in my heart when no one and nothing else could compare. I believe because I see Him cause me to desire the things He desires which is only possible by the Spirit He gives me. If by persevering under trial and continuing to love Him I bring others to inquire about His great love and to desire that for themselves, I volunteer, without hesitation, for that task. My prayer is for all who read to have their eyes opened the way He has opened mine. 'Taste and see that the Lord is good.' Psalm 34:8

No comments: